Partner Jessica Parker is attending and a panellist at the 21st Annual IBA Transnational Crime Conference in Kraków, Poland, on 16-18 May 2018.
The International Bar Association, established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. The IBA influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession throughout the world.
The conference is presented by the IBA Criminal Law Committee and the IBA Business Crime Committee, covering criminal and anti-corruption topics facing lawyers in a digital age.
Topics to be covered include:
- Deferred Prosecution Agreements and other negotiated settlements: protecting the rights of corporations and individuals
- Anti-corruption developments around the globe
- Double jeopardy in transnational crime
- A new era for attorney-client privilege
- How to react to cybercrime
- Managing compliance monitors
- Asset seizure
- Developments in criminal tax
Jessica will be a panellist for the session on criminal tax/tax criminals and the right to silence, on Thursday 17 May. This panel will discuss the rights of taxpayers in case of (possible) multiple (tax and criminal) investigations.
Find the full programme for the conference here.
Andrew Smith and Tasha Benkhadra write for Law Society Gazette on Russian sanctions
August 15 2022
Jessica Parker writes for Law360 on HMRC’s fraud charge against Bernie Ecclestone
August 3 2022
Corker Binning moves to 1 Ely Place
July 19 2022