Partner and Co-Chair of the Business Crime Committee of the IBA Jessica Parker will be a chairing a session at the 22nd Annual IBA Transnational Crime Conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Jessica will be chairing the “A new era for anti-money laundering enforcement?” session on 16 May.
This conference is presented by the IBA Criminal Law Committee and the IBA Business Crime Committee.
- A new era for anti-money laundering enforcement?
- Corruption investigations at a turning point. Operation Car Wash, the Notebooks case and the current landscape
- Due process and the rights of individuals in criminal proceedings and investigations
- Encrypted communications – WhatsApp, privacy, freedom of expression & de-territorialisation of data
- Extradition, politics and the rule of law
- Managing cross-border internal investigations and regulatory enforcement actions
- Using information or documents obtained in civil or foreign proceedings in domestic criminal cases
Conference highlights can be followed on Twitter, using the hashtag “#IBACrime”
Please find a link to the conference programme here.
Andrew Smith and Tasha Benkhadra write for Law Society Gazette on Russian sanctions
August 15 2022
Jessica Parker writes for Law360 on HMRC’s fraud charge against Bernie Ecclestone
August 3 2022
Corker Binning moves to 1 Ely Place
July 19 2022