Criminal Investigations & Prosecutions
Road traffic offences
“Corker Binning has consolidated its position as a leading criminal and regulatory litigation firm.”
CHAMBERS UK 2020
As part of our police investigations and criminal defence practice, we have substantial experience of protecting the interests of individuals involved in the full range of road traffic offences.
We recognise that the loss of a licence or the imposition of penalty points can extend far beyond mere inconvenience. Whether you are at fault or not, we will offer you the highest level of legal expertise and a commitment to achieving the best outcome for you.
The law regarding road traffic offences can be particularly complex. It is therefore essential to appoint a specialist solicitor who can guide you through the legal process, who is familiar with court procedures and can help you avoid a ban and severe penalties. Our lawyers can help you from the outset, through police station procedures to charge, and all the subsequent court hearings.
Our road traffic lawyers have significant experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Applications for the return of licence following disqualification
- Careless driving
- Causing death by careless driving
- Causing death by dangerous driving
- Dangerous driving
- Driving while disqualified
- Driving with excess alcohol/drugs
- Driving without a licence
- Driving without insurance
- Failure to provide information
- Failure to provide specimens
- Speeding and ‘totting up’
- Vehicle offences